Wednesday 21 December 2016

Being with what is

As you have been noticing, building our tiny house is more than just physically building a house.
The process is quite magical.
Since we started, a lot of things "came to the surface" - this meaning that behavior patterns, ideas, tendencies and believes come to our consciousness frequently.
And that's one of the things that I most love from this: it is so complete and mysterious at the same time.
We have to be with what is. If we don't, we suffer. It's been our experience that if we just let go of any expectation, things are what they are. It's a choice, everyday. Either we live or we suffer.
It's a challenge in a world of agendas, expectations, desires and other movements that keep us away from what we are in reality.
But today, I only speak from myself, from my own experience.
Today, I am disappointed. But in the middle of sadness and frustration I sense that the right thing is happening. It doesn't matter why, but it's just what is.
Every time that I force anything to happen exactly in the way that I want it to happen, I suffer.
Today I am disappointed because I thought that the wood was going to arrive and it isn't.

Look at this perfect 2 examples of what I am speaking about:

1 - The other day I saw myself looking at David sanding the trailer and thinking: what am I doing, work wise, in this trailer? Nothing! I am doing Nothing. I am useless. With no skills to put a house up. I am nothing! And so, I just went out and asked him if he wanted some help for what he was doing. He said no, but I insisted. So, I helped him to move a cement base to put under the trailer so he could level it. In the process of doing it I banged my head into a piece of metal under the trailer. It heart so much and at the precise moment that that happened I could see that it's no use of forcing things! It's a ridiculous waste of time not being with what is. I am everything! It doesn't matter what I am doing if I am doing it with all my heart. I am not what I do. Things at the moment are like this and I was not accepting that.

2 - Today I called the wood yard, because the wood was supposed to come this week. At the beginning they told us that the wood was coming the same week that we ordered, but then they found out that they didn't have the measurements that we needed in dry wood. So, this week was the week! But no! They made a mistake and the 150 pieces of wood were not dried by them! What to do now? Wait another month for it to dry? Use green wood?
We are going to complain for sure. But one question came to us: working with dry wood in the rain is a waste of money?
What to do?

We decided to stay with it for a while, meditate and go for a big walk.
And enjoy the beautiful life that we have. 
It's a choice that it's very important because the weather is going to change: bye bye sun, hello rain. And we had other plans for January.

We are going to stay with it, but at the same time we need to make a decision.

(Missanga in her Tiny House)

Isn't life curious and so mysterious?

With love,
Raquel



#UPDATE# 
We called again to the wood yard and they said that some wood is dry and ready to be picked up next week!
So next Tuesday we are going to Venda de Galizes!

No comments:

Post a Comment